Wednesday 4 October 2017

What's in the bag: Long haul travel.


This year I have travelled to both Australia and Bali from London Heathrow, spending approximately 80 hours in the air (and plenty of time in the airport.) People usually work 40 hours a week, so two weeks worth of work spent up in the air - It's essential to pack the right items to get you through your flight.

My first essential item is a large bottle of water. Although you can request small cups of water at any time, I find it's so easy to become dehydrated, so don't risk a long flight without a supply of water.

Keeping your skin hydrated is also key - I use a selection of products from the Elemis range including the Hydra-Nourish Night Cream, Pro-Collagen Marine Cream and the Lip Revive Conditioning Balm.

Along with the above beauty essentials, a tooth brush, tooth paste and a hair brush (for me a tangle teezer is perfectly compact for travelling) are much needed to keep you feeling fresh throughout the journey.

Comfort is crucial, so ear plugs and an eye mask are always in my travel bag. Along with a change of clothes and of course, socks! I find aeroplanes are always cold, so I ensure plenty of layers are available. A neck pillow is another must, making it much easier to sleep throughout the flight.

Finally, entertainment - I love reading, so my Kindle is key. Along with headphones, if I decide to listen to music on my iPhone. I know some people travel with iPads and laptops, allowing them to work, or download TV programmes and movies etc, but I always find something to watch on the in-flight entertainment system. 

What are your flight essentials? 

AST
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© As She Travels | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig